The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

And they call it.. Tormentor love....

Got a chance to sit down with Morghoul last night and finished off the skin tones, easy since there is so little…. Painting him up will be interesting though. The armor on him has much more texture than I would have thought from the published pictures. All of the armor plates and “dimpled” It’s not a bad look but I’m very glad I’m not doing NMM on his armor. I’m going with “enamel” armor which is essentially NMM with colors predominantly other than grey. There is so much textrure that I will likely be going back to selective drybrushing rather than actual layering on this fig. Actually it will likely be more of Dry Brush strokes but following selective layering color application.

Now that I’ve got the models primed and can see the details better. Most of the Skorne models have either the dimple effect or scrollwork on most of the armor plates. There are a few plates which do not, but most seem to have it. Morghoul will be my “free time” project this weekend, I post updates on him Sunday night or Monday morning. With pictures if I fell especially productive.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home