The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Thursday, August 02, 2007

13 days and counting

Wow - Gencon is right around the corner.

Here's what I'm working on:

Dark Age (all need to be painted, but I have the scheme documented already):
St. Mark
2 x Shades
2 x Strikes
2 x Banes
1 x Bane Grenadier

This is my priority to get painted, and I think that is likely.

Infinity (all need to be primed and inked, at the least - painted if I am able to get the DA stuff done before next weekend):
6 x Zhanshi
1 x Shaolin monk

Rezolution:
Just trying to get my figs primed and inked.


I've got a fair bit before me, but I think it is manageable. That being said, work is kicking my ass right now - I'm super busy, and that sucks.



POBN

3 Comments:

  • What is the ourpose of the inking prior to painting? Picking out the details to make it easier to paint, or forming the "shadows" on the fig?

    By Blogger Stahler77, at 7:13 AM, August 03, 2007  

  • When I prime white, I blackwash (with Black Glaze, actually - not ink).

    Serves two purposes:

    1. Brings out the detail - much easier to see all the little bits that way.

    2. Instant black-lining, so long as I paint neatly.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 11:19 AM, August 03, 2007  

  • "So Long as I paint Neatly"

    Yeah that one always seems to be a problem for me. Invariably I end up regularly cleaning up edges on high end figs.

    By Blogger Stahler77, at 7:15 AM, August 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home