The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Friday, May 12, 2006

basing, the cheaty way

As all the long-time Disorderlies know, the one thing I'm worse at than painting is basing. It's messy, annoying, and a chore. So I'm always looking for cheaty ways around it.

I picked up a tub of Vallejo Pumice Stone Texture from the War Store, to give it a go. Changed my life, people. The tub is heavy, but looks like it'll go for a good long while. Not having any instructions, I just took a toothpick and went to work. The stuff comes out with a consistency a little looser than toothpaste, but after sitting for less than six hours, it had hardened into a superstrong supergritty sandpaper layer that I couldn't easily chip with my nails. It's not as quick as I was hoping, but I am sure that will come with practice. Just might have changed my life, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home