The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Monday night progress? From Tim?!

Yes even though I sat through 2 hours of mind numbing lecture and then 3 student presentations I managed to get home, take care of the dogs, get a nice workout session in, and sit down at my painting desk. God I must have been on Speed last night. Despite my speed induced blur of activity I mostly took care of logistical activities. Went through the 2 boxes of Everblight, second Box of Skorne, as well as all the secondary casters and totem hunters I’ve got. (Can you tell I’m sitting on top of someone else’s stash as well as my own?) to do a parts check. My first Skorne Box was missing one of the Flachions for a Cyclops. Just thought a parts check would be a good idea on the rest of these before diving in too deeply. Luckily everything is accounted for.

Modeling consisted of a little work pinning Makeda’s right arm and tassel on. Her scabbards and back banner will both be painted separately and then put on after the fact. I also got her separated from her tab and pinned both of her feet. This is the solution I should have started with; pins in both feet allow me to use “binder” paper clips to hold the fig. This will work well for medium Warbeasts and infantry, however I doubt that the Titans will take well to that treatment. This will also help with keeping the fig on the base. Not sure if this will work for the medium trolls or not. Those “medium” warbeasts are massive!

After class tonight I’m looking at either working on the Cyclops of possibly Everblight assembly. I know all of you can’t wait to read the progress on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home