The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Been a long time coming



http://www.coolminiornot.com/178136

So it appears Blogger violates a few corporate IT use policies. So my workday ramblings are officially over. However I have been working with a new photography set up, including a new camera, and it seems to be working fairly well. I doubt I'll spend alot of time re-photographing old figures for comparison, but so far I'm liking the results.

Unfortunately this is really showing off some of my faults. Below is a fig my wife asked me to paint up for her, back in March and I just finished it last week, I guess I need to improve on my turn around time huh?

3 Comments:

  • It's all yellow. Was that intended?

    By Blogger Karavak, at 9:41 AM, December 30, 2007  

  • I don't know about intended. I didn't photoshop out the backdrop I've got in the light box right now. I messed around with the white balance a little bit, but I agree I need to do a little more.

    By Blogger Stahler77, at 9:11 PM, December 30, 2007  

  • the best way I've found is to turn off all ambient room lights and have three lights on the light box.

    Use auto-white balance if you can, with a piece of printer paper, then remove printer paper and insert backdrop - and for God's sake, get rid of the white background - makes the mini to harsh to look at and is probably reflecting too much extra light.


    Aaron

    By Blogger Aaron, at 8:54 PM, January 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home