The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Post Gen Con state of Painting

I'll follow Brians lead on this one...

With GenCon out of the way I'm more primed than ever to do some high quality painting.
What are my new goals?

"Display pieces"
I'm not sure what the name of this should be but these are becoming my new focus. High end painting for the sake of high end painting. I've got a plethora of figures I want to paint and they are up on the butcher block. I'm shooting for 3-4 high quality figures a month, roughly one a week.

Gaming Pieces
Thanks to my push to get fully painted for the Nationals tournament I'm close to completion on my Skorne figures. One full unit of Cetrati, 2x Warbeasts, and a unit of Praetorians. A little more than I would like but not awful. I'm also not bringing on Infinity into my interest, but I think those figures are going to mostly fall into the "display piece" column.

2 Comments:

  • Dont' you think 1 HQ piece per week will be hard to do if you are also trying to finish up playable armies?

    That pretty much sounds like a full time job.

    By Blogger Karavak, at 3:52 PM, August 30, 2007  

  • We shall see as things progress. I figure I'll spend probably spend about 8 -12 hours a week painting. That is generally enough to finish a single figure if I'm painting just for the sake of painting.

    I figure one week a month I'll dedicate to a unit and push those along as well.

    The real threat is when I lose interest in painting and decide to go play some video games.

    By Blogger Stahler77, at 7:14 AM, August 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home