The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A brief update - No pics

I've been keeping my main focus on updating of the Circle to close off that deal.

A big task was getting the sand and some rocks down on all the bases so I can start getting that painted and cleaned up. Mostly for this I'm doing the 60/40 water/glue mix and then a day later I give it another coat of the glue. That tends to keep it on the base. So right now the whole Circle force has at least the basing materials on and ready for painting.

When I start painting the sand for a grassy look I'll go with the Iosan Green as the base. Then I mix up a little darker green as a wash. Dry brushing up varies on what I want to to do with the base

I pulled out Kruger and 6 blood trackers to clean up. Big changes with Kruger. I dropped the brown cloak and put the green on. I started with the thornwood green I think and then used the green ink thinned down for a glaze to shade the cloak.

I also lightened the skin to get a good contrast. I started this on all the "human" skin on the bloodtrackers and Kruger. It gets a good contrast with the darker greens and darker browns I am using on the Circle.

1 Comments:

  • The customized bases can look really nice but man do they add a ton of work. I'm happy with the end result on my Skorne Bases, but hell I still have not based 2x Ventaors that were painted prior to GenCon last year. I also have not gotten started on my Ferox becasue I have not finished thier bases.

    By Blogger Stahler77, at 2:41 PM, January 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home