The Disorderlies Painting Blog

Monday, January 28, 2008

My Trusty Steed - Nazir ibn Hamid ibn Hajad

Well, I managed to paint a mini for every round of the Iron Painter competition. This is the final mini - I am now moving on to the Femme Fatale comp at Wyrd.

Here's a copy of my writeup from their site:

Mini: Nazir ibn Hamid ibn Hajad
Line: Helldorado Sarrasins
Manufacturer: Asmodee

Paints used:
Non-metallic colors: Privateer Press' P3 line
Metals: Vallejo Model Colors

When this theme came out, this was the first mini I thought of. Since I was released from my prohibition on buying new minis (I didn't buy anything between Gencon and the new year), I decided the Sarrasin Starter box from Helldorado would be my first purchase.

The minis are all very cleanly cast and this mini in particular was very fun to paint.

The game's setting is Hell, so I went with a fairly chaotically-colored base - what I'd imagine the wastes of Hell would be like. The color choice for the minis was derived from a desert scheme with an Arabian Nights theme.



Aaron








1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home